As we started to leave the restaurant, I paused. Tim asked me what I was doing. Before I could answer him the hostess returned, and I turned to her and asked, "What's that manager's name? He took such good care of us tonight!" And she told me his name. I repeated how nice he was, and she offered me his business card.
When we got outside, I asked Tim, "Do you know why I got this?" pointing to the card. He nodded, and without taking any time to think about it, he said, "So we can pray for him."
And he was right. My man knows me. And we share the same heart.
See, a few minutes earlier, when the super friendly manager was helping us out, taking the discount off our check from the gift card we had, we got into a little conversation. I jokingly asked if we could come back in September and get another discount, since we are getting married. He said sure he would give us the discount, but he was sorry to hear about the marriage.
You could have knocked me off my chair with a straw. What did he just say?
He explained, he doesn't believe in marriage.
The man was 6 inches from me. I'm small, but I'm wiry. I played hockey for crying out loud. I could have taken him. I was thinking, what did you say? What did you just say? Don't you dare say that to me, to us, don't you dare say that in front of the man who loves me, the man who put a ring on my finger, the man who has waited for me!!!!! But instead of being offended, I smiled at him and said something about God creating us exactly for each other. He even smiled a little bit after I said it.
Tim and I didn't discuss the man's comment. But he knew why I got the man's name. He knows me. :)
I've tried commenting on this post like 8 times and it's not working :)
ReplyDeleteSO, I loved it :) Makes me smile that this man has no idea you are fervently praying for his heart to be softened :D