I was working my way out of the booth, and Tim was holding my purse like the wonderful husband that he is, so we must have drawn a little attention to ourselves.
There was an older couple sitting across the aisle and the man asked "Boy or girl?" and so the conversation began. Tim explained that we had chosen our baby's name (Isaac) months ago, but now with the hurricane rapidly approaching… We weren't quite sure what we are in for! (That's our little joke right now.) The man said, "I'll tell you what you're in for. He's going to be a mighty man of God and do wonderful things for the Lord." My eyes opened wide, as this is not the typical response to our joke but I liked it! The man was staring at my belly, and even though he's an older gentleman, I just felt like I was supposed to offer to let him touch my belly. I said something like, "I think we're about ready, don't you? You can touch my belly if you want." He hesitated at first, but then he did put his hand on my belly, and the moment he did so he began to pray out loud for our child. He prayed that he would grow up to do mighty things for the Lord, and that he would be a wonderful man of God… Honestly I don't even remember all the things he said. It was just simply amazing. I, of course, started crying. It was so moving!!
When he had finished praying, I was wiping my eyes and we were preparing to leave, when the man looked at us and said, "Y'all are Christians. I can just tell." We smiled and agreed. He said, "It's not the suit that you wear; it's the fruit that you bear."
Aww!! Goosebumps!!
ReplyDelete-Miranda
I'm so so so so so so so glad you shared this...I'm crying. That was one of the most beautiful, Spirit-filled stories I have ever heard.
ReplyDelete