Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Route

Out for a walk with the baby. Felt like I was supposed to go a different route today… Whenever I have this feeling it's usually for a reason. And then, even though I was taking my normal route backwards, I STILL felt like I was supposed to go a different way. We saw an elderly gentleman who was walking down the other side of the street. He saw us and wanted to see Isaac and came over and started talking. I feel like it was going to be a Pause in what could've otherwise been deemed exercise, LOL. We stopped and visited for probably just under 10 minutes. He had a lot to say, and I feel like he needed to be listened to. He talked about his war days when he was a medic in the air force. There is nothing, NOTHING, that you can "learn" that is better than having experienced it yourself. I try to listen to old people as much as possible. They might not always be right but they always know more than I do.
There wasn't necessarily anything spiritual about this encounter, just that an older man was out walking by himself and wanted to talk to us. So we gave him our time.

PS it is an absolutely beautiful day, not too hot, not too cool, even the wind is not bothering me. The sun is shining and all is right with the world, even if only for an hour.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love, LOVE when I have an opportunity to listen to someone older than me, especially someone much older than me, talk about their life experience. They have so much perspective that is lacking in Generation Why (ours, and younger). Of course this is talking in general, but it sounds like you received a wonderful gift that day! So glad the Holy Spirit prompted your heart! :)

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old men. They make me miss my grandpa. Glad that you were able to bless his day by listening to his Air Force days. Hope you were able to sneak in a faster pace after him ;) ha.

    ReplyDelete