Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trash Compactor Man


h

My dad had a very special visitor last night; very special to our entire family, in fact! Galli was my first (and favorite!) babysitter. When I was four and my brother was two, he took care of us enough that I have several memories of him - yes I have an exceptional memory. :)

Last night was really great. My parents have watched Galli grow and mature as a man - he was about 18 or 19 ? when they met. My parents were like mentors to him, I believe. And Galli has watched my brother and I grow up, and he's been very influential in my life, so there were generations and cycles and.... well, it was just really sweet.

My brother and I definitely share some DNA. At one point during dinner, we were talking about Galli doing the "trash compactor" on us. Now, don't call CPS - it's not as bad as it sounds, people! It's really just a big hug. Anyway, he was saying how he had improved upon the technique after we moved and he babysat other kids, and then he mentioned yet another family he babysat for and... well, my little face was falling and Ryan and I looked at each other and (without any prior knowledge that the other one was going to say it) said in unison: "I just thought it was us..." LOL. We had such a good time.

Galli is married with 3 kids of his own. :) It's weird how things change, but people - the people we hold dearest in our hearts - never forget us or forsake us when things are rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment