So here I am, exactly 2 weeks before my 32nd birthday. To be honest, I love my life. But I was hoping some things would be a little different by now. My God is good and has only good things in store for me, although I've come to understand that Jer. 29:11 is not an insurance policy against bad things happening to Christians. It's just.... well, we just have to grow in spiritual maturity and in our relationship with Him to understand how it all works. And I think I'm beginning to. My hope is that in 5 years I understand Him better than today, and 5 years after that even more, and so on...
My circumstances cannot determine my joy. My joy comes from knowing that I am saved; that God created me to love and worship Him, and He loves me enough to give me a way out. I'm to live a life that pleases Him, (not me) and by doing so it brings about the best. One may say it's a subjective best, since it's according to God and His purposes, but to him I say - what other best is there?! He made this world. He plans each breath and step we take, so I trust He has a "best" for me. Absolutely.
So, as I contemplate the increase in the sum of years I've spent on this earth, I wonder... am I really getting older? I mean, I don't do anything on my birthday to turn a year older. It's actually the earth rotating under me that causes it all, and... Who is it again who causes the world to turn? Ah, yes. So I won't be turning 32. God will be turning me.
And for that, I am truly thankful.
Amen! :)
ReplyDeleteTime marches on- but you are an eternal Child of God!!!
beautifully written.......
ReplyDeletelove you!
Crystal
yep, good post
ReplyDelete