If I hear "Black Friday" one more time I think I'm going to be sick. I do believe they are trying to end Thanksgiving altogether now. Some stores are starting their sales the night before - yes, that would be on Thanksgiving Day night. ??? I understand not everyone has traveled between 2 - 10 hours to see family every Thanksgiving for every single year of their life to stay for a couple of days and return home at the last hour (except 2008 when they all came here, that was awesome!) and maybe some people think that 2-3 hours of turkey and family is enough for one holiday. But for me, that IS holiday; when family is together. And none of my sentiment is related to s.h.o.p.p.i.n.g. I know some people won't get why I'm hot about it, and that's fine. It's just that, to me, making Thanksgiving about discounts and Christmas shopping is just another way to get rid of the real meanings of Thanksgiving AND Christmas. Thanksgiving should be about recognizing what we are already blessed with, and Christmas shouldn't be about Stuff. It just seems like, more and more, we're getting away from people and becoming consumed, as a society, with Things.
All Dogs Go to Heaven = maybe.
People Are Eternal = yes.
Stuff? = YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU.
I love your heart! You filter everything through what really matters! I agree, and have always spent my "BF" mornings nestled in bed enjoying the REST which is just as important as reflecting on what really matters!!!
ReplyDeleteAmen to you, sister! I get pretty sick of it, too. And I heard on the radio that there is a couple who ARE ALREADY CAMPED OUT FOR BLACK FRIDAY! AND! I heard this on the radio on MONDAY. That just makes me sick. What are they gaining but a news article and a $400 TV for $200.
ReplyDeleteI can't WAIT until Thanksgiving, and this year, I have a LOT to be thankful for, including the ones I will be spending it with. :)
Love to you!