Saturday, December 10, 2011

Children's

We brought in our goodies in a wagon that said "In Memory Of ______..." and that, my friends, was a sombering thing. What a glorious thing that this child's mother brings a wagon full of toys every year around Christmastime. However, since losing her daughter, she has suffered a miscarriage. Now she's expecting again, and they already think something might be wrong with little man.

This hospital is awfully cheery, not what you'd expect on an ICU ward, for sure.  The nurses were so sweet, warm, and happy to see us.  Sarah showed us around and we got to see a few precious ones in their rooms, but we couldn't go in. (Nor would I want to! Lest I be a carrier monkey of some kind!)

I met a woman whose 2 week old baby is in ICU there.  I met her husband, and her dad, and her brother who is wheelchair-bound and mentally impaired.  Her baby was born and an hour later, care flighted from Abilene.  Dad drove in from Arizona with special-needs brother in tow.  The handsome young man enjoyed listening to our music (while miss Hannah and I played around) and watching us dance a little, and his dad got to feed him a piece of pie, some candy, and he LOVED the wassail I cooked last night!

Sarah and Scott have practically lived at the hospital for over a year now. I'd love to see them released by Christmas! Oh I pray for that. This is their 2nd Christmas to spend in I.C.U.  You're not supposed to be there longer than a couple of weeks, but yet Emma fights. Scott drives back and forth to another state, almost every day. If you know Texas, you know that's horrific to even think about.

Obviously, please pray for these families. But also, please hold your loved ones tightly, then let them breathe, then do it again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment