
I've written several songs since New Year's Day 2008... a fateful day in my little world. A day when I decided that alcohol shouldn't be a part of my life anymore. A day when I recognized the difference between who I was and who I wanted to be. A day when I got knocked off my pedestal so hard it took the very breath from me. A day I grew up... a lot.
I've recorded a few of the songs, and they're posted on my music MySpace:
www.myspace.com/texaskeri
but I don't like the recordings - as they are very low-tech and amateur - and I wish I knew more about professional sound. But, the bottom line is this: my lyrics are representative of who I am becoming, and these songs bring me more pleasure to play than my old ones ever did. I actually enjoy performing to an audience of One, and it almost doesn't matter if anyone else likes the songs, because I know they are pleasing to Him.
New Year + New Me = New Songs
No comments:
Post a Comment