Sunday, June 29, 2008

God Answers Prayer


I have been praying steadily for a good month or more that my brother would be present for this weekend. We celebrated my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. For me, the weekend was as close to perfect as I could have hoped! My brother and his sweet girlfriend were able to come, and I think everyone had a good time just being with family. My baby cousin Avery tasted her first watermelon, I got to know one of my cousin's boyfriends better (he's great!), and got lots of precious pictures. I ate the best steak I've ever tasted, and learned a lot about the Hogg family. (No, I'm not a Hogg but Ima was and Ura wasn't... lol)
The best part, for me personally, was that I got to see an answer to prayer realized in real life. My brother made an effort to be part of the family and all I wanted was to love on him a little bit, and I got to do that this morning. I truly miss his friendship and I know the Ryan I know and love is still in there, and he pokes his head out periodically, if only to remind me to keep praying for him. I love my brother.
Thank You, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment