This is an actual email I received yesterday from my loan processor (in California), who I've never met. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that English is not her native tongue. I keep shaking my head as I re-read the email. It does nothing to assuage the stress I'm under about this house-buying process. I understand that 'sum people just ain't good righters, but com'on!'
Thank you Mrs. Hunnicutt for the information, I just requested evidence of insurance.
I need from you please information in title company phone number and name of the escrow officer, only I have the name of the Title Co. but no phone number.
I see you have 2 checking accounts may I asked with what bank if is other then Bank of America we will need 2 most current bank statements.
Thank you for choosing Bank of America and I will keep you informed
That was it - no period at the end of the last sentence... the rest of it is pretty self-explanatory. I had to read it about four times to understand everything she was trying to say. And, for anyone who's interested, Mrs. Hunnicutt refers to my mother or my grandmother, but not me. Not ever. Duh. It is business professional to use "Ms." when the marital status is unknown. It was like a finger pointed in my face, saying "nanny nanny boo boo, you're not married!" Ugh.
What good is a blog if I can't vent a little?? :)
yeah but Mrs. Hunnicutt would be too weird. I mean how many Hunnicutts are out there that you aren't related to. ew.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd go with the ESL hypothesis! You're funny.
Whenever my students call me Mrs. Hunnicutt I tell them, "I won't ever be Mrs. Hunnicutt because I'm not going to marry my dad. Or my brother."
ReplyDeleteThat usually gets some sort of reaction.... lol
Be nice. :-)
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's time for you to "let go" of the whole Mrs. thing. xo