Doug Anderson is the pastor of Rose Heights, which is where I go to church. The more I get to know Doug and Gina, I see the beauty of God's healing. Doug and Gina faithfully serve our Lord each day, with this pain ever on their hearts as they continually deal with the loss of their son Ryan almost 10 years ago. The reason I am so affected by this is because Ryan was a friend of my Ryan. I don't know the extent of how my brother was affected when his friend died, but I think it would be good for him to see how their family is remaining faithful. The Andersons have an older son, Reece, who is an amazingly talented musician and preacher. I got to hear his first sermon last night! He has a myspace: www/myspace.com/reecedanderson and I have just enjoyed listening to all of his posted songs. Gina is also an amazing singer and I have been blessed to hear her sing on Sundays. I am grateful to have found a church where I feel comfortable, where I don't feel judged, and where I can truly worship. I cry about half the time, partly because it is so special to me, personally, to be back in church, and the other times I'm crying because of someone in my life who I pray for daily. It just all seems to hit home in church. But that's okay. Rose Heights is a crying church. They actually keep boxes of tissues on the pews, throughout the sanctuary.
Pastor Doug said he was awakened at 4 a.m. yesterday with the pressing thought that there would be three people in the service who needed to be saved that day. He said it wasn't an "audible voice" but it was definitely from the Lord. He mentioned them, and admitted he didn't know their names, but that God knew who they were, and that time was of the essence.
Seven people got saved yesterday morning. ...SEVEN. Not just three. It reminded me that God is not limited, ever. He is not limited by our meager minds or the way we think or act, or by our intelligence, or by our attitudes. He is God. He just, is.
And did I mention I love my church? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment