So Keri discovered power washing today. (Oh yeah, I closed on the house, and I've been cleaning and stuff...) So yesterday I cleaned all the ceiling fans and had the carpets professionally cleaned (thanks, Mom!) and today bought a water hose and went shopping for an oven, but the main chore was going to be the smell in the garage. My best friend's husband brought me their power washer, and boy does it work! I don't think I've ever been as dirty as I was just 30 minutes ago. See, what had happened WAS.... I scrubbed the garage floor with bleach, tide and water solution. Then I squeegied it out, and last it was time to power wash. Yes, I had to call my dad to help me get it started. Turns out, I'm a girl. :) So after the garage, I was thinking, "I really should use this sucker on the front porch," which was pretty nasty. HA HA. That's when the trouble started. I accidentally sprayed a little on the sidewalk, and it turned a different color. That interested me, so I sprayed a little more on the sidewalk and realized it was just THAT DIRTY. So I thought, hey, I'll just do the sidewalk. HA HA. Well, at the end of the sidewalk I accidentally sprayed a little on the driveway and it turned a diff. color too! And it was "on" after that. I did the entire driveway. I got mud all over me at one point, and my shoes got completely soaked (see picture)

but I really think the power washing made a huge difference in how the house looks from the street. I just never knew concrete could be that filthy. Or me! LOL
Well, it's 8:15 and I am absolutely starving. Moving day is tomorrow - I have enlisted the help of my friend Flavio (a fair exchange for babysitting!) and my brother is coming to help, as well! Which is good, because I'm just not very strong. I'm a little person; I can't help it.
Time for some FOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! More to come.....
hey bring that power washing over here! I've got some filth for ya :)
ReplyDelete