I have to remember to pray for Aaron. He was working as a busboy at a restaurant where I met my soon-to-be roommate Erin for some dessert a few weeks ago. I can't explain everything that happened, and I'm not sure I even want to understand it completely, but God spoke to this young man through me. It was incredible and a little unnerving (for all of us, I think). I knew things, in that moment, that I had no real way of knowing. He was astonished that I seemed to have these insights into his life. (I didn't let him know that I, too, was astonished at this fact.) At one point he asked me, "Do you think you have to follow the Golden Rule even if you're not a Christian?" I responded with a question. I asked, "What about the Golden Rule makes it a Christian value?" (Not that I don't think it is... but I wanted him to think about it!) And this is how the conversation went. I was able to banter with this kid and keep his interest peaked, long enough that I had time to go to the car and get a book to give him. I gave him "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller. I hope he will read it and at least begin the exploration process of getting to know our Heavenly Father. I made him promise me that he would either #1-return the book to me someday, or #2-give it away to someone else.
If you read this and you pray, please pray for Aaron. Pray that he will find God's will for his life via salvation first, and then by continuing to search and seek a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray that God will use him in a might way and that he will regularly influence the lives of those around him to bring God's love to everyone he comes into contact with.
No comments:
Post a Comment