Day 1 was good! I was with my own group all day, which was nice. I got a SUPER night's sleep and started the day with a fantastic breakfast, compliments of the hotel. We went to registration, where I found out I was listed as Perry Hunnicutt. hmmm. I've been called Kelly, Karen, Kara, and even Cathy... but that was a first! Anyway, they got my name changed and made me a new nametag. We attended an orientation in the morning, which was great, and then my mom helped us find an affordable restaurant in the Anatole. well, "affordable" is being nice... my lunch was $18. but I will only have to pay $6 of that. Oh yeah, and a $2 tip. Argh. The afternoon session was good - we met with the 1000 people who are attending and the DISD superintendent spoke. He was really funny! Then we broke out to meet with our districts, and I got to spend time with TISD people. Saw someone I used to teach with at Bonner - glad to be back in touch! I made a great joke during introductions... one lady told us her name, and what she teaches, and then she said "And I used to be in law enforcement." I said, "You still are!" Everybody LOL'd at that!
All in all, a really good day - and I am going to dinner with my old boss in a few minutes. Looking forward to it, but not sure how to get rid of my stinky feet smell. My black shoes should have gone to the trash a long time ago. Ok, I'm off to get ready. Thx 4 reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment