Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think I'm like an inflatable doll.........

I wrote this Saturday night, after a drive when I was really thinking about what God wants to do in my life this summer. I had an epiphany of sorts. When I stopped, I couldn't log onto blogger (good ol' Athens, TX) but I was able to type this onto the Notepad of my phone and save it for later. Thank goodness for technology. And deep thoughts.

I think I'm like an inflatable doll. When I started coming back to the Lord, it was a slow process, and I was slowly being inflated with the Holy Spirit and with more knowledge of God's word. But recently, I have felt so pulled and called to do ministry that it is undeniable that God is telling me it's time; He wants me to be used for Him again. He wants my gifts and talents to shine and glorify Him...specifically through music. If I am that doll I have been filled for awhile now but didn't realize it, and I've been laying on the ground when all I had to do was stand up!!!

So here's my announcement:

I want to record my songs this summer. It's time. I'm going to start making plans to do that. But I want God's hand of blessing on this project, so I will be constantly going to Him in prayer for guidance regarding the Who, the When, the How, the Where, and the How Much... but I think He wants me to do this. I feel it.

1 comment: