During communion this morning, I got to witness something that brought tears to my eyes. I was sitting next to my friends who are married and when it came time to get the wafer and juice, he was still at the front praying. So he didn't have his stuff for communion. So when it came time, they shared the one wafer and tiny cup of juice.
To me, THAT is marriage. In fact, it was a beautiful representation of the triangulation of God/husband/wife.
I want that. I want a marriage that is so God-centered that we are able to share things like Holy Communion, and pray together, as well as laughing, eating, playing, vacationing, etc. I thank God for blessing my life with godly family and friends who I can look to as examples of what a Christian marriage is. I thank God for my church - where 10 people got saved this morning! I thank God for saving me, and whatever He brings to my life... I know it's going to be good, because I trust Him to care for me because He is love and that is His character.
No comments:
Post a Comment