Monday, November 16, 2009

Worship Weekend 2009 (Recap)

Worship Weekend 2009 at Rose Heights Church in Tyler was just that... a weekend of worship!  It was an amazing time to gather with other believers, share in praise and worship, and grow as a worshipper.
 
I got to hear the testimony of Dennis Jernigan, a man who was freed from a lifestyle and orientation that most feel resigned to, trapped, enslaved.  Check out his story if you get time.
 
Also, our pastor's wife spoke about The Heart of a Worshipper, and it was very meaningful to me.  Another pastor spoke in the afternoon about barriers to worship and breaking them down, and I had never heard him speak before; it was very encouraging.
 
Kari Jobe was in concert Saturday night, and it was like a breath of the Holy Spirit covering me.  I left feeling renewed, spiritually in-tune, and ready for whatever may come.
 
THEN there was Sunday morning!  Church was amazing.  We sang a couple of songs, and then the pastor preached early, showed a video of "The Skit Guys" and it really seemed to hit home with many people and then we went back to praise & worship for the rest of service.  Yeah, out of order and everything!!!  There was definitely a movement of the Spirit in that place and it was beautiful and blessed.  I feel like someone got saved Sunday morning, although there wasn't a formal call for that.  It was just "take this presence with you when you leave and share it with everyone you come into contact with." 
 
I love my church.  I loved this weekend.  I love my Jesus.  I love what we are able to do, as a body of believers, when we come together in one spirit to praise Him and worship Him.  It is important to spend time at The House, with The Man and The People.

No comments:

Post a Comment