Wednesday, January 5, 2011

me vs. paper

I feel like a failure lately. I messed up something with my house again, because I neglected a piece of mail.  I can't ever seem to stay on top of all the papers I have to get graded.  I don't even write my grocery list - I type it and email it to myself.  I'm just really not good with paperwork.  This teaching thing kills me on that end.  The part where I stand in front of the kids and sing and dance and "enterteach" (entertain + teach) --- that I can do, and do well, I believe.  But I get really frustrated with myself when I don't "handle" my stuff well, and lately I just feel pretty overwhelmed and like I have too much to manage.  It's embarrassing.  And I can't believe I'm confessing it on this public blog.  But I had a really frustrating day.  For someone with ADHD, life can be very stressful when there is paper involved.  Camp is a lot more fun. :)  But even then, we have to register the kids and take up payments and stuff.  When I have to manage something like that, I go overboard and I'm really OCD about stuff because I know if I'm not, I will mess something up.  And right now, I'm just messing up a lot of things.  :(

3 comments:

  1. I hear your pain cousin! Our lives are ALL about paperwork right now...did you know you could put your ENTIRE life in paper? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a failure!

    You probably have a LOT of new semester's worth of paper if TX is anything like IN.

    My husband and I 'hoard' bills, forget to open them, feel guilty, repent, vow to change, and repeat the cycle...Things gotta change over here, too!

    I hope you get a chance to sit down, organize your thoughts and paperwork so you can feel better about everything- because you are not a failure! Just flesh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys made me feel much better; thanks!

    ReplyDelete