Saturday, October 1, 2011

CANCEL CABLE? WHAT???

I was considering cancelling cable, but that won't combat the real issue. NBC recently came out with a new tv show, and it has the word p|@^8oY in the title. See? I hate it so much I won't even type it in this blog. But for those of you who want to know, who need to know, I had to put it. NBC isn't even cable - it's regular broadcast television. And I thought, okay, so maybe we won't watch tv at ALL. Just cancel cable and not even use it as a tv... only to watch DVD's and stuff. And that's not really fair to my sweet husband who enjoys a little football now and then. Last night I found out that there was a trailer for that tv show before the movie Moneyball (good, mostly clean movie) and my friend was none too happy about it. So it's not really avoidable, is it?! My cousin is upset that her 10-year-old son sees previews for this show during other programming earlier in the evening.

So what's the answer?

This is a great article.
http://www.familyminute.com/article/life-without-tv


So's this.
http://www.markmerrill.com/2010/10/29/turning-off-the-tube-2/


I like the concept of recording select programs, and watching them later (fast-forwarding through the commercials, but stopping to watch the Aflac duck singing "major medical" because that is really, REALLY funny!!!) but I am still digusted and sickened by the fast pace in which our society is headed toward a Sodom and Gomorrah norm. The way "gay" seems to be more than just "okay" but actually expected. The fact that there is a show on tv called: HAPPILY DIVORCED. Are. You. Kidding. Me????? And don't even search for the Family Guy clip where they mock Jesus. It will hurt your heart.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sickened by tv, but tv isn't the problem. It's the symptom.

1 comment: