




I have never felt as special as I did last Friday, when I walked into my parents' house and was surprised by family members from both sides and a few close friends. I was really honored that they were all there to see ME and I started to tear up, but there were so many kids and I didn't want them to see my crying! So I sucked it up. But WOW - I cannot even convey what I was feeling on the inside. It is so meaningful to me when I can be with lots of loved ones at one time. It was a great party - burgers and chicken cooked by my father, The Chef, and a cake with gobs of icing. :) And my mom even made my favorite dip - 7-layer dip - YUMMY!!! But enough about the food... it was really about the people. My grandparents from Waco came in, and my Meemaw's sister, too! Also, my aunt Janet, my cousin Kylie and her two angels. I couldn't believe they all came after the last busy weekend we had! My Pawpaw and I are the pumpkins of the group. :) My cousin April had come in Thursday from Amarillo with her two angels, Jaxen and Jayla, and surprised me in my classroom! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was so surprised that I couldn't even speak for a moment. (Yeah, that's a big deal for me, ha ha) My reaction was really lame because I was deep in thought when they walked in, but on the inside I was screaming!!! The last time April came to town and I screamed when I saw her, we made Jaxen cry, ha ha. He was only a baby back then. I was sooooooo totally shocked - and pleased! I was so honored that they came all that way to see me, and I was fortunate to spend Thursday evening with them and we all had some good visiting time. Too bad I had to work Friday! I was thinking about Jax and Jay and April alllll day, wishing I could be hanging out with them. Little did I know I was about to be even more surprised. When my parents, April and the kids came to bring me lunch on Friday, they had 3 other people with them - my Amarillo cousin Crystal and her two angels, Coby and Jaden! I was so OVERWHELMED. There was so much love in that room - I didn't even know how to take it all in. :) And it was really cool for the kids to see my classroom - they even got there when there were still students in my room, so that was good that I was distracted so I didn't cry.





I feel very loved...very special...very undeserving. I don't take my family for granted. God has truly blessed our family and I thank Him for every moment of togetherness. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment