Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reflection



As I was leaving my house this morning, I glanced down the hallway & noticed that something looked different. At first I thought I had left the light on, but then I realized that I had left the blinds open in the guest room, so the sunshine was pouring in from the front of the house. I have lots of trees in my yard all around my house but the guest room has the least amount of shade in front of it. I took note of how differently the light was coming in to all the rooms. The hallway outside each room had its own color, its own intensity, its own shadows and it gave the hallway a varied appearance.


This is how we are. We reflect God's glory to the people around us in our daily lives, based on how close we are to Him and what things are in our lives that either allow His light to reflect off of us or what things in our lives may block it from shining brightly. I've been thinking all day about how I reflect God to other people. I don't even know if I do. I know I want to. My prayer today is that God may prune away the "trees" or the "shade" in my life that blocks His reflection so that others may always know Who I belong to, by my words and my actions and my countenance.

1 comment: