Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Can't Stained It Anymore!!!

As you can guess (or some of you know) it's a work in progress. You can see the changes in the photos and how the staining has taken place over the past few days. My hands are pretty ashy from the mineral spirits I used to remove the stain, which got rid of all of it except for a bit on my cuticles and it didn't hurt a bit! I really enjoy staining - to me, it is peaceful and soothing. Like working on art or a craft project, and I love the way it looks. I have not put the polyeurethane topcoat on yet, because I want my mom and dad to look at it with fresh eyes and make sure it's smooth and even and see if I missed any spots! Then we'll get ready to make it permanent, and I am so looking forward to the day the walls won't show. :)
Tomorrow is a busy day over here - luckily my amazing dad is handling it. First he's meeting the electrician to go over that stuff, and then the countertop guys are coming out in the afternoon to take the final measurements to create the beautiful Navajo countertop. I'm so excited!!!




1 comment:

  1. It's looking SO good! Congratulations on being almost finished. I can't wait to see the final, final product! :)

    ReplyDelete