Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We Don't Wear Pajamas To School!

And other things I had to say today. The thing is, I understand why kids do stupid things and push the limits and try to get away with stuff, but WHY do they do it during exam week? That's just really dumb! We've got kids skipping class, boys getting tee'd (if you're not from Tyler that won't make sense but it's either hazing or tradition depending on who you talk to) and walking around with shaved heads and missing class because of their funny haircuts, we've got kids coming to school in PAJAMA PANTS (yes, it's actually against the rules), I've seen more iPods than BestBuy keeps in stock, baseball caps seem to be the new school uniform, there's a constant sound of booming bass in the parking lot outside my portable... and I'm not going to apologize for wanting to have SCHOOL. :)
Oh well. Next week, after the nice long weekend, the start of a brand new semester, they're going to be wide-eyed and confused, wondering where their teacher went when the new and improved (and relatively migraine-free) Ms. H walks in, ready to teach and not as easy to push around as I was before. He he he.

Bring it, kiddos. I'm ready for ya! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment