Today I choose to embrace the emotions I am feeling, except for the guilt I was feeling about the emotions I am feeling. I toss the guilt because, in fact, even Jesus wept. And although it was only recorded once, I imagine He wept on more than one occasion. So I feel free to have emotions and be human, and nothing the enemy tells me is true - I choose to believe what My Heavenly Father believes about me, because He created me. So it's okay to feel, and to be "emotional" every now and then. But yet I turn to Him.
I believe that one of the reasons God sent Jesus to earth as a human was so that He would experience every every emotion and feeling that we experience, and therefore be able to not only comprehend every feeling and emotion we experience, but to also set the ultimate example of how to deal with those emotions and feelings. And as you said, Jesus wept. :) God created us as emotional beings. I think we forget that sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYou are allowed to weep without consequence.
ReplyDeleteIsaiah 53:3 tells us that Jesus himself would be a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief.
When tears hit me, Hebrews 4:15-16 always encourages my heart.
Ephesians 3:13-21 is also coming to mind, even though I don't know your situation. Don't need to- I know that God is meeting you where are at. I'll pray you are strengthed by Him!!!
(I know I sound crazy but I just typed what was laid on my heart!!!)