I bought new rollerblades over the weekend. When I tried them out Sunday afternoon, I felt like I was skating on glue. For a former hockey player, this was disconcerting, to say the least. I love the feeling of sailing, gliding, going fast... so these puppies really weren't meeting my needs. (Broke a sweat, though! haha) I decided to try them again the next day. This time, it was totally different. Not exactly like my old ones, but they were easier to put on, and I went a lot faster, I was able to do some crossovers, and I just felt more confident. I wish it wasn't going to rain this week - I'd really like to try them out some more. It's been a busy week and I can't go today, either. But I will go again, and I trust that these, in time, will be just as awesome as my red & black ones that lasted over 11 years.
Not to overspiritualize (cuz I would never do that!!! lol) but I noticed something the 2nd time I was at the park. It's like reading the Bible. A brand new Bible is going to be stiff, and when you're not used to reading you have to flip around a lot and look for things for a long time and, well, it's just complicated. But I've noticed that over time, after really getting into the Word, I can flip around a Bible like it's an old pair of skates, in a good way. A lot of the time (since I'm writing in my Bible now, and highlighting and everything!) I can remember something I read a few days earlier and go right to it, because it has meaning to me. It's really like something I can wear.
Ok, enough of that. I wanted to remember that I read Psalm 25 this morning, outloud, and it's amazing. It was on a coffee mug in my cupboard when I was making my coffee earlier, and a verse caught my eye, so I went to look it up and ended up reading the whole thing. And it really blessed me and The Lord today. So the next time you need to buy someone a gift, and you think, "oh I don't want to be cheesy and get something from the Christian bookstore that has a Bible verse on it" - DO IT. You never know when it will be impactful to that person. :)
Have a blessed day!
I love you cousin!!!!
ReplyDeletecute analogy :))
ReplyDeleteHA HA!!! Rollerblades!!!! Jealous! I might have to add that to Zumba!
ReplyDeleteCompletely agree that highlighting and underlining helps in remembering where you read something in the Bible.
Hope you are having a great week so far!