
My dad gave me the best piece of advice regarding driving... when I turned 16, the first day I went out to drive alone, there was a little note in my car that said "Drive the car first. Love, Dad" I have kept it all these MANY years and on days like today, when it seems like Tyler itself has become victim of a hurricane, I hear about wrecks and my parents are calling to find out where I am (I was in a meeting, by the way) and I am reminded once again to be extra careful when I'm behind the wheel. Before changing the radio/CD, before checking my makeup in the mirror, before talking on the phone or eating or drinking or anything else....... I have to remember to DRIVE THE CAR FIRST.
The 2nd best piece of advice was from a guy named Tim who told me "Better stuck than struck." I've never forgotten it. I made fun of him at the time, but he really had the right idea.
Be careful out there!!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment