Friday, September 12, 2008

Smoke

I think sometimes our sin can be like cigarette smoke. We think, I'm only hurting myself, it's not anyone else's business, I can do what I want.... but really, that sin is affecting everyone around us, smelling up the entire space of our relationships. I can admit it now; I used to think that it didn't really matter what I did, that it wasn't anyone else's business - not my mom's, my dad's, my friends', my family's - that it was just between me and God. I've realized over time that everything we do as Christians afffects the people we love and the people who love us. It is a responsibility we are to bear. I used to resent the fact that people judged me for being a Christian, but now I'm so glad, so thankful that people are even noticing I'm in their lives so that maybe, just maybe, God can make a difference to other people through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment