
We started a new Bible study tonight. Well, it's not new to me. And the group isn't entirely new. But we added a person (and lost a person) so it's still 4 of us girlies, sitting around Alvin the Elephant, hoping the DVD won't skip this time. (I think I'll be investing in a new one soon - hey Mom, do you have an extra one lying around?)
Live a Praying Life is a fantastic study on prayer, and I am so excited as we begin this discovery. If you're interested in prayer, or confused about it, or want to "pray better" you should go to your Christian bookstore and buy this book. It's $12.99 at Lifeway here. This is a study you can do individually... you just won't have the benefit of watching the DVD's, but I've been working on it alone for a long time, and trust me - it's worth it!!!
Anyway, God wants us to pray. Satan doesn't. It's just that simple. So right now, just take a minute to pray and open yourself up to what God wants to say to you today. Keep that line of communication open the rest of the day - you might be surprised at how readily available God is to have a word with you at any given moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment