Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Yard, the Jungle

This is what my yard looks like today. It's been pouring for the past two days, and where I have grass, it's flourishing and furry. Where there is no grass, it looks like a Vietnamese swampland. (Or what I've seen in the movies; I've never actually been there, but I've heard it's a really cool place to visit. And I know how to say "Thank you" and "Don't sleep!" in Vietnamese so I must be ready to go...)



























Oh, the nail - You're probably wondering about the nail in the last picture. Well, I am too. See, I'm not a wreath person. Or a flag person. In fact, I pretty much detest both. :) Sorry, mom. I know you raised me better than that. So I don't know what to hang on that nail. But somebody went to a lot of trouble to drive that nail between the bricks in that wall and I think I should hang something on it. So I'm open to suggestions. It's what would be on the right side of people's faces as they stand on the porch waiting for me to open the door. Ideas? Comments?

1 comment:

  1. When we went to Mexico they had some really interesting painted block numbers encased in a swirly iron pattern. You could pick out your house numbers etc. If you're interested in that sort of thing, there's an idea.

    ReplyDelete