
So I look over and see THIS on my carpet:
and I realize, it's midnight. NOBODY is awake to help me. The only reason I'm even awake is because I was staining cabinet doors. Anyway, not the point. I'm all alone. Well, me and Slugsworth over here. So I'm freaking out. Being a total girl. Well, in my head. So finally I decide I've got to trap him. I mean, I can't squish him. I can't pour salt on him. I can't just pick him up with my fingers!!! Ugh. So, I realize that the Kleenex box is about empty, so I construct a trap for the little sucker. As I set the trap down next to him, the cardboard moves and kinda squishes him anyway (the thing I was desperately trying to avoid) and now there is some beautiful silver glitter poop on my carpet. I'll deal with that tomorrow. Right now, blogging with pictures. :) So, I ignored him for awhile, made some coffee (after scrubbing my hands mercilessly even though I never touched him -- just looking at him made me feel dirty) and finally, FINALLY he wormed his way into the box. Well, he's not actually that slow. It just took him awhile to get up the guts. Ha ha. I'm killing myself here.
Anyway, so I realize he's not content to stay in the box- he's actually scaling the side of the box, headed for the top... so it's time to take out the garbage. So I picked up the entire Kleenex box, put it in the kitchen trash, and tied it off. I even tied a knot around the top so he can't climb out. He's going somewhere ELSE. And lo and behold, as I'm tying off the trash, I see his little tiny midget sidekick, lying on the kitchen floor. Yes, you read that right -- ANOTHER slug. Ick. Ick. Ick. I figure, I'll deal with that in a minute. So I take out the trash. Then I get a piece of cardboard and carry little guy out into the yard, where I'm sure he sustained brain damage from my throw.I tell you the truth - I will be happy if I never see another slug so long as I shall live.
But here's my deal - how are they getting in??? I guess it has to be the back door, where there's a great amount of space at the bottom and the weather stripping is... well, missing. I need a new threshold. This is man's work. :( Time to call Daddy. For now.....
I agree- total ick. I went outside around midnight one night last week to get Zoe's food bowl because I realized I had forgotten to feed her all day, poor thing :( There were SIX slugs in her bowl eating the last of her leftover food! EWWW! I shivered and then picked up the bowl by a slug-free edge and slammed it against the ground until they were all out. Oh gross. They are so creepy! Definitely get you some new weather stripping!
ReplyDelete