
I had not been exercising for a few months due to my medication and the weight loss it was causing, and I was fearful of losing any more, but everything has pretty much regulated and I feel normal again so I'm getting out there and I just have to make sure I eat, and that I eat enough! I have not have a Coca-Cola since the last week in April, and I have not had a really bad migraine since then, either... the migraines I've had have all been fairly minor and easily controlled with my prescription OR with ibuprofen and aspirin. (If you know me, you know this is a HUGE change, and an answer to prayer) Maybe it was the Coke all along? Who knows...

So, back to jogging! Er, walking! I was amazed this morning by how fast people were driving, as opposed to yesterday morning around the same time. I was pleased by their urgency to get to church and worship our Lord. (Yes, if you know me, you know my tongue is fully in my cheek, but bear with me) Assume that all these people who scared the life out of me by almost running me down were actually in that big of a hurry because they love the worship experience and didn't want to miss a second of it. Assume that all of those people honestly wanted to get to church in a hurry because they wanted to be at church.
My question, then, is this: where is our urgency every other day of the week? Do we hunger for God's word on Tuesday? Friday? Do we roll over, turn off the alarm, and reach for the Bible? Do we pray in the car on the way to work? Do we stop when we grow angry during the day and say a quick prayer to invite the Holy Spirit to take over us and prevent us from sinning in our anger? Do we consult the Lord when we are making even the smallest of decisions that can show the world how Christians really live?
If the answer is no, I ask: WHY NOT? This is the privilege that God has granted us. 24-hr a day, non-stop complete and total access to Him. Better than hi-speed internet or digital cable or any mobile phone plan..... God wants us to be communicating with Him all day, every day. It makes Sunday the epiphany of what is already an open, two-way communicative relationship between each of us and our Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment