I sat and watched the end of the sunrise this morning, from the school parking lot, before I came inside. It was glorious. I almost ignored it, but something grabbed me, and I recognized a hole-shape in the clouds, with almost a welcoming look to them. Instantly, I had an image of Benjamin - perfect and healthy, sitting cross-legged in front of our Almighty God, playing a game. He was happy and free of pain, all the pain that this world had beseiged him with in his nearly 12 years here. For the past week, he had been cared for in a pediatric hospice unit, and last night he passed away after a rather tumultuous day. His brother is my student, and I know God has him in my class for a reason, and I ask you to join me in praying for the family, but I also ask for your prayers as I minister to the child who is left behind, as he also has special needs and will not fully understand what has happened. He will need help dealing with this trauma and I want to be there for him and for their family during this time.
2 Peter 3:8 reminds us that "with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."
No comments:
Post a Comment