Check out this video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKJBoE0HmA&feature=youtube_gdata
This song has gotten me through a very tough time recently. When I heard the story behind the song, I found it surprising because the song meant something totally different to me when I heard Kari Jobe perform it at church a few months ago during our Worship Weekend '09. The Holy Spirit speaks to us on a very direct level, and He only tells us exactly what he hears the Father say. So I believe, as a songwriter, that this is the power in music - when a song written with one idea in mind glorifies God in a totally different way by lifting up a fellow believer. I suggest you listen to the song first, without hearing the story behind it, and just let God speak to you through the music. Don't worry; He will. With only a mustard seed of faith, you will find yourself blown away by how quickly God responds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKJBoE0HmA&feature=youtube_gdata
This song has gotten me through a very tough time recently. When I heard the story behind the song, I found it surprising because the song meant something totally different to me when I heard Kari Jobe perform it at church a few months ago during our Worship Weekend '09. The Holy Spirit speaks to us on a very direct level, and He only tells us exactly what he hears the Father say. So I believe, as a songwriter, that this is the power in music - when a song written with one idea in mind glorifies God in a totally different way by lifting up a fellow believer. I suggest you listen to the song first, without hearing the story behind it, and just let God speak to you through the music. Don't worry; He will. With only a mustard seed of faith, you will find yourself blown away by how quickly God responds!
No comments:
Post a Comment