My Roman Soldiers are back, full-time and full-strength.
I was slowly weaning off Topamax (under doctor's supervision, of course) because I was growing tired of the side effects. But in light of recent traumatic and long-lasting migraine episode, as well as fully admitting the light sensitivity and coming to terms with the fact that I might just "have to take a pill every day..." I concede. I give up. I surrender.
My other doctor moved out-of-state, but this new doctor is truly awesome and she's a woman! so she understands stuff (not that a man can't try... but there's certain things a woman can just "get") so I'm happy with the switch. I mean, if he had to move, I'm glad she's here!
She suggested I take one half dose at night, and the other one in the morning, and that might help with the nausea. HEY what a novel idea! Ok. We'll try that for awhile and maybe I won't feel like a pregnant lady. Well, I've never been a pregnant lady so I'm not sure what "morning sickness" feels like but I'm just talking about feeling like vomiting first thing in the morning. It's gotta be the same thing.
If you're bored from reading this, I don't doubt it. I'm a bit bored from typing it. But I need to journal this.
The dumbest part about all this hoopla is that the bloodwork showed nothing. Nada. Zip. "I am allergic to nothing." But I'm allergic to LIFE! How can it not show up? Being in the same zip code with a cat can make my eyes itch but this test says NOPE I'm not allergic. I can cat away. And milk? I'm not allergic, no matter how "lactose intolerant" I may be. Hmmmmmm. Semantics.
All this to say - I don't care. I don't want to be in pain; I need to be my best right now, so I can be there for my family. Springtime always kills me. This isn't the right time to try to be dropping off of my meds.
So I just popped Nighttime Pill, and I need to set an alarm/reminder to take one in the morning (or I know I'll forget!) and we'll see how this goes. I've never taken it during the day before. I hope I don't have a seizure or anything. LOL
Time for bed.
Hey Girl...
ReplyDeleteMy blood work came back normal too...but after cutting gluten/flour out of my diet my health has improved drastically!!! I was taking 2 pills a day of some serious stuff & not don't need it. I had different issues, but my dr. says that a gluten intolerance exhibits itself in different ways...sometimes tummy issues, sometimes joint paint or rash, and sometimes migraines. It might be worth a try...I saw improvement in a week or so...by a month totally no issues!!!
Niki