I feel as though a little bit of my joy has been restored.

On Sunday, I went to the front and allowed a couple of people to pray for my heart and this situation. A wise friend counseled me to pray over every chair in my classroom. Although I have not done that yet, I did pray over the room as a whole on Sunday afternoon when I was up here working, and Monday went really well.


I want to feel like I love these kids again. Knowing why I'm here isn't enough; I want to want to be here, for however long God has me here. It could be to the end of this year, or it could be for the next 30 years! I just know that I must continuously seek God's face and listen for His voice regarding what I'm doing in my life. We don't get to a place in life and then decide God is finished with us.

If He ever allowed us to do that.... well, He knows that we would no longer crave the relationship with Him and that is His true desire - fellowship with us and worship from us. So we must learn to be content in the moment, but never too comfortable, because God is always doing something. Always!

No comments:
Post a Comment