Monday, August 23, 2010

Fresh

My first day of school this year went really well. I feel FRESH. Renewed. I feel like The Teacher. :)

I have lots of rules this year, but they're easy to implement and enforce, and I have my plan of action ready, but I'm also hopeful that I won't even need it much.

The former student I politely requested to have removed from my roll last week (since he's already failed my class two years in a row and gets into trouble frequently) got suspended today. Before 1st period. :( I guess my instinct was right on that one.

Tomorrow I'll have two repeat classes (1st and 5th meet every day) and two new classes.

I LOVE when I have lunch. I get more breaks this year because of it.

I have a long conference every day, either in the morning or the afternoon.

I'm gonna have one morning tutorial and one afternoon each week, and stick to it. No abuse this year! :)

YAY for learning! YAY for low-stress! YAY for happy teacher!!!

2 comments:

  1. Soooo glad that everything seems to be going smooth for you :) What an awesome way to start the year! Hopefully this sets the tone for the schoolyear!

    Have fun with those conferences ;) And all that paperwork!

    ReplyDelete