Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ancient of Days

Usually when I do a morning devotion, it ends up all over the place. I have a women's devotional bible I like to read in the mornings. I don't know what I was studying but in my quiet time the other day, I ran across this verse:

Daniel 7:9

 9 "As I looked, thrones were set in place,
   and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
   the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
   and its wheels were all ablaze."

And the phrase "Ancient of Days" stuck with me. I was pretty sure it meant God, but I wanted to delve deeper into that. But I couldn't find much on it, and I kinda forgot about it. Until last night! My roommate, precious friend, who is our fearless leader, showed us a video clip as part of bible study last night. Bible study is on James, but this short clip was fiting to what we were studying. Ironically, (or not so ironically!) it talked a LOT about that phrase "Ancient of Days" and explained it really well!  I like it when God is sneaky and direct like that.  He knew it would keep bugging me, either outright or subconsciously, and I think He put that on her heart to show us so my confusion could be cleared up. :)

Thanks, Lord!


2 comments:

  1. Reading stuff like this makes me even more hungry for the Word! I love seeing people dig into the text and God blessing them with answers and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad it was inspiring! And to think a few years ago, I was thinking I "knew the Bible" because I had grown up in church. Ha, I bet God is laughing hard about that one. I. know. nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete