Can I be honest?
I LOVE my west Texas family, and I LOVE my uncle's ranch. But I absolutely cannot stand wind. It's been so windy here lately that I feel like I'm in the panhandle! I don't like the feeling of wind on my skin, or hair blowing on my face (especially when it gets in my mouth, oh, ick, yuk!!!) and I am a person who likes stillness. Can't stand windchimes. Even the knowledge that it is windy outside really bothers me, ha ha. Buying lightbulbs at Walmart almost sends me into a panic; see, I really don't like fans blowing on me. And they're on the same aisle, and they always have all the fans turned on full-blast, where I have to stand in front of them to pick out my lightbulbs. It's almost not worth getting the best price! ARGH
It's also been a little windy for me, personally, with my job. I guess I thought that once I resigned, everything would be smooth sailing from then on out, and I could finish up the year with a big fat smile on my face and walk away confused, wondering why I thought I wanted to quit. HA. No doubts here. Every day I'm presented with new and unique reasons for why I feel so confidently that God is moving me into something else. No, I still don't know exactly what. But that's okay. I know that this is not it. "Happiness" is not the biggest motivating factor for me in life, but it's gotta play some part. I'm no martyr. A martyr would stay in a job she hated until it killed her. I have a different approach; I want to be my best so God can use me to the fullest. If I stay here... I'll be weak and depleted all the time, and inclined to go to my house every afternoon and just be a hermit. I trust God will reveal what He intends for me to do, in His time. For right now, I can't think past the end of this week. A lot of teenagers today (as a general rule) are mouthy, disrespectful, sloppy, lazy, and prideful (and so are their parents). Right now, I'm having trouble even liking some of my students. I know I have a ministry here, but I also know there's an ending date. I would like to work with teenagers again someday, but in a different capacity. And if you look to the right, you'll see that I have a countdown.
* *
>
\___/
So anyway, I really love quiet, still peaceful days. They rejuvenate me for these windy times.
Eph. 2:14 "He is our peace."
So I guess it's safe to assume you won't be moving up hete with us? :)) I hate the wind too...you forgot about dirt in your eyes and trampolines over the fence. Haha! Hope it's calmed down and that you can continue to be okay with living one day at a time. Sometimes thats what God wants from us I think...it strengthens our faith. Love you cuz!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, the trampoline! That was kinda funny, even though not in a good way. Just, in a wizard of oz way... :D
ReplyDelete