Sunday, November 23, 2008

Man vs. HTML

Ok, this is an update: I stole code from my cousin's blog and just made a few small changes, and I finally figured out why my html code wasn't turning into links when I posted my blog. In case anyone cares, there was nothing wrong with my code. But you have to insert text within the code for the link on else there's nothing to click on. Stupid mistake on my part, but I'm glad I figured it out because I had trouble going to sleep last night when I couldn't make it work. It's not the video that's super important to me, it's whether those years I studied computer science are still in my head somewhere or not. One of my students now thinks I'm pretty cool because we were talking C++ the other day. He brought up "mods" and I had some pretty intense dejavu flashbacks to some study sessions in San Marcos. Sometimes (and not often, but sometimes) I wonder what it would be like now if I had stuck with the CS major. I think I might be smarter, but would I be as happy with my career? Probably not. I love my kiddos, and I love the ministry that my job allows me to have. In the past week, I've had two students cry and confide in me, and a couple others who are on my prayer list for some trouble they've gotten into. I wouldn't trade them for perfect students - I like the fact that I can be influential and make a difference in their lives.
So, now this post is not as much about HTML coding but more about the fact that I truly feel like I'm doing what God has called me to do: teach. But I still like to feel smart and do cool stuff on the computer. So... here's the original post (in italics) if you're interested in all this computer mumbo-jumbo.

Blah blah blah
Why won't my links work??
www.google.com
http://www.google.com
a href = "http://www.google.com"

This is the funniest video I have seen in a long time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avd2-QM6vtI/

--well, I obviously don't know what I'm doing. I can't turn the URL into a link, no matter how hard I try. I feel very not-smart so I'm going to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow I will figure it out. But it's a very funny video!

No comments:

Post a Comment