Well of course He does! That title was just to get your attention. But does God really answer us with one of these?
YES / NO / WAIT <-----circle one, please
Or is it really even part of the process that we know His answer? I mean, who are we to think that we are privy to knowing the mind of God?Isn't that blasphemous? That we should be "in the know" about His ultimate plan?
I find it hard to stomach that God would create me with this brain and this heart and then watch me for 30 years and just roll His eyes at my confusion. I do believe that He wants to share with us, walk with us, hold us, show us things and lead us toward understanding. I wish He spoke in an audible voice to me but He does not. I know He is ever-present and a loving, merciful Lord but I just don't think we get to nail down His possible answers to a multiple choice.
I think God knows His will before we do and praying for His will just releases it to Earth from the spiritual realm. I am learning not to give God my suggestions, and to never decide what His answer was or is for any prayer I have or have had. Didn't the ones who loved Lazarus suppose that God had answered their prayer with a "no?" Aren't we sometimes just as hasty in deciding that God has answered...that the topic is off the table...that it's a done deal. Maybe God just wants to show us what He can do. Maybe He wants to up the anty to get our attention.
Basically, my thought is this: we can't know when God is truly finished dealing with any situation or issue. Maybe He never really "finishes" what we are so eager to put a stamp on and close up shop. He is a pretty good multitasker, you know.
amen! I know He is not done yet.
ReplyDeleteSome would argue who are we to think we can even know if god exists? I embrace the mystery. :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, K is for KERI, always. xo