This Texas weather is KILLING me lately! The barometric pressure looks like a heart monitor, up/down, up/down, up/down... and my head doesn't like it!
I snapped at my best friend's husband today as we were leaving church - poor guy. But he doesn't understand that I'm very sensitive to comments like, "why do you get so many headaches" or "you always have headaches" or anything along those lines. Migraines are not a choice, and I wish I could be rid of them but I can't. If I had cancer, or allergies, or knee problems, or any other chronic problem I can't imagine anyone saying that to me. But there seems to be an implied fault if a person has a headache. I didn't DRINK, I didn't SMOKE, I didn't stay up too late, I didn't over-do it at the gym, I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have... I just - have - a - headache and it's NOT my FAULT.
Ok, 'nuff said. But I still wish I hadn't reacted to him the way I did. I'll have to imagine the situation in advance and prepare a more godly response as I am certain I will hear the comment again soon from another well-meaning individual who has never been laid out because of a migraine.
*Side note: I do feel like I'm under a particular kind of spiritual attack, as my recent migraines have tended to be on Sundays, the day of the week I'd like to feel my BEST, not my worst. I don't understand it - when all I want to do is go worship and study the Bible, I have to feel like I did today, and last Sunday, and a few weeks before that. It's very frustrating. And I don't know if it's a coincidence or if I really am being attacked by you-know-who..... ?
No comments:
Post a Comment