I have a student in my class this year who failed last year. Normally they put students who are repeating in a different teacher's class, but this kid's mom specifically requested that he have me again, and I was thrilled! He's a great kid; Spanish just "ain't his thing." Know what I mean?
Well, today I had the joy of telling him he made a "C" on the test. Realize the importance of this... I don't think he even passed a single test last year. I congratulated him (he was pretty proud!) and let him use my school phone to call his mom right then to tell her the good news. At first she thought it was the school calling to tell her he was in trouble! Oops! Then, at the end of class, he recited his alphabet for a quiz grade, and he didn't miss a single letter! Way to go, kiddo!
No comments:
Post a Comment