I don't think I'm "psychic." I don't have ESP.
I want to share this story, but I don't know where to start. For one thing, it's pretty personal and for another, it involves other people. But God is so amazing! and if I don't get this out I think I will burst.
I have a roommate. I have a wonderful, precious, amazing godly young woman who lives in my home, who has become one of my closest and dearest friends. It's a relationship we feel was ordained by God long ago, and we are blessed to have each other in our lives.
She has to leave before me in the mornings. Like, waaaaaaay before me. :) About the time I'm rousing, usually. When we pass in the kitchen, there are usually greetings and words of encouragement exchanged, but there's not a lot of time to talk.
Wednesday morning, I was getting my coffee when she came into the kitchen. I immediately felt overwhelmed, overcome, by a Word from the Lord. It was "She's a Counselor." Well, duh. She's an elementary-school counselor. Since I was not fully in-tune, God spoke to me more clearly and I suddenly had this knowledge: "Somebody will need her today, in a big way." I just knew. And I could tell it might not be a kid, maybe not a student, but more like somebody else in her life.
I tried to comment on her outfit, to tell her she looked nice, or something like that, but the words would not come out. The spirit was overwhelming.
After she left, I prayed for her, but I was a bit perplexed as to how to pray. So (and I don't honestly remember exactly what I prayed) I think I prayed that she would be open and receptive to the people around her and that God would prepare her heart for what burden she was going to bear. Something like that. ? I was a little... skeptical, really.
Wednesday was a very long day for both of us. When we spoke at lunch, I told her I had a question I wanted to ask her that night, and I hoped she was having a good day. We were both okay, just very busy.
I started to talk to her at one point, then chickened out. I got ready for bed, then went back to her room and asked, "Did anything.... happen to you today? I mean, was your heart heavy for anyone... did anyone need you -in a big way- today?"
And I felt selfish asking!!! Because when God calls us to pray, we should just do it, and not worry about the results! But I've been so... discouraged lately, that I needed this confirmation. And I was scared to feel like a fool. Scared to look like a freak.
She put down her pen, smiled in a strange way, and asked, "Would you care to see what I've just been writing about?!?"
WHOA.
I won't divulge the details of someone else's personal life. But let me tell you this. When God is specific, HE IS SPECIFIC!!! There was a person in her life who needed her. Yesterday. In a mighty big way. As guilty as I felt for needing and asking for the confirmation, my sweet roommmate benefitted from knowing it, too, so it wasn't all about me.
If we are walking in His light, studying His Word, living a praying life, and He gives us a Word, we can know - without any doubts - that it is Him. We can know that it is real. And we can trust that He is with us and that none of this is without cause and we are headed somewhere and we can rejoice together in the joy of our salvation!
I am so thankful that God used me. For all the things I've done, places I've been, words I've said, etc. I'm amazed that God can use me at all. So it is a blessing to me when He works like this.
God wants to use you. If you are reading this, He is seeking you. Seek Him back.
very cool
ReplyDelete