I've taken a 25 of Topamax every night since Monday night. I have had 4 headache-free days, for which I am truly thankful. It doesn't sound like much to a normal person, but if you could see the weather we've been having, plus my stress of last-minute shopping and wrapping gifts and packing to go out of town, PLUS riding in the car for 8 hours yesterday! I'm amazed at how normal I feel. I have quite a bit of muscle tension in my neck, but I'm doing what I can to relieve that.
Topamax, Topamax, what can I say? For the last two days it's been hard for me to eat much of anything for breakfast or lunch. Then dinner rolls around (pardon the pun) and I'm starving! But today, finally, I was able to eat a decent breakfast. So maybe the side effects of this medication will go away or I will learn how to ignore them and eat anyway. Either way, I just ate breakfast and I'm very thankful that my tummy doesn't have to go through some kind of medically-induced anorexia while I get my migraines under control!!! :)
I believe that God can take away physical pain but I know He doesn't always. I believe I am still being faithful to take this medication and continue to pray for healing. It's not the same as not trusting God. It's accepting the fact that migraines may be a part of my life and I need to prevent myself from having a stroke.
No comments:
Post a Comment