Since my voice IS my job... I've been doing whatever I can to conserve it. I started sneezing and coughing on Saturday, and Sunday was really bad. But I don't want to miss school. I don't have fever, and I'm not a wuss. SO... I've made excellent use of the projector by typing instructions to my students and using lots of body language. It's not that my voice is gone. It's just weak, and I know I will lose it soon if I'm not careful. I'm trying to stay away from very cold liquids, and drink everything warm or room temp. I'm trying to get extra sleep. I'm not yelling (ahem, er, projecting) very much during class. I get a kid to yell for me. :) That's always funny.
Anyway, I am so thankful for the technology TISD purchased last year so that I am fully able to do my job as best I can, without having to miss a day this week.
Like I told the kids, this is a lot better than getting a sub and having to "worksheet them to death." Of course, there was that one kid that asked, "Can you really die from worksheets?" Ahhhh, teenagers....
No comments:
Post a Comment