Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just a Thursday

So today was just a Thursday. Although, it felt more like a Monday or Tuesday, as busy as it was!! If you want a little laugh, keep reading...
I started the day with phone call @ 7:45 from my next door teacher - she's sick and wanted me to get out her substitute notebook. I had to admit that, not only was I not at school yet, I was not leaving for another 5-7 minutes. So, when I got to school I unlocked her room and did all that.
THEN I finally got my computer to work (after 3 hours of stress yesterday; it's a projector thing - don't even ask!) and I got the quizzes ready for my Spanish 2 kids.
I gathered some work for one of my kids who's in trouble and walked it over to the ISS room (it's like baby prison, at our school... ) and then my classes started!
My 2nd period was bad. Bad, bad bad. I yelled, quite a bit. I hate yelling. I hate, hate hate yelling. But honestly, sometimes it works.
Then, I had forgottten that I told my 3rd period class to meet in the library. So I was sitting there, waiting for the kids to come in and a couple of them did, but then we realized that the other kids must have gone straight to the library, so I called the librarian and told her I was on my way! I shut down my computer, put it in the bag, grabbed a stack of papers and shoved it in the bag, and then I grabbed my keys and my water bottle and SPLASH! The water bottle's lid wasn't on tight and I spilled water ON MY LAPTOP! I sopped it up with a paper towel; luckily most of the water splashed onto the bag, but why didn't I zip it??? Oh my. So, I hurried out the door and got to the library, where all my students werre already seated and waiting for me. AH. What a day.....
But, all in all, a good day! I still love what I do, and I don't mind helping people, and the computer is fine.
So - it was just a Thursday in Keri-land. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment