I'm mad. I woke up with a migraine yesterday (in Amarillo) and I was shocked and angry and in denial but I finally took Imitrex after breakfast. I didn't expect to have a migraine. I had felt good for 6 solid days. Surprisingly, however, the medicine kicked in within 20 minutes (which NEVER happens) and I was able to sleep in the car and when I woke up I felt like a new person.
Today, I woke up kind of groggy, and then by lunchtime I was fuming because I realized that I, once again, had a migraine. For a second day in a row. Now I'm mad, not only because I'm having another one, but because I was supposed to increase the dosage of my new medicine (Topamax) last night, and I chose not to. I guess I will go ahead and do it tonight. I was hoping to stay with the smallest dose, but it was never intended to work at that amount, so I guess I will have to suck it up and take the recommended amount. I absolutely hate taking pills. I wish I didn't have to. What started out as something I was willing to do and trying to have a good attitude about is now becoming a major issue and I'm developing a rather sour outlook about the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment