Well, today we started back. I like 17. It's the best number. :)
I got to meet our new French teacher - she seems great! Lots of new faces this morning, but plenty of familiar ones, and the principal was his usual self. Happy to be there, trying to make our school a better place. You know, the right guy for the job.
No kids today. Just meeting after meeting after meeting.... oh my. I even got pulled from one meeting to sit in a special education meeting for a student I've never met, just so we would meet a legal requirement. It happens all the time, and I'm okay with it, but then I was missing the other meeting. I ran back to the other one just as it was ending.
Finally I got to pass out the rest of the muffins and that was fun. I have to say, I was actually warm most of today. I only got cold in one meeting, and I was running most of the day and actually sweated out pretty badly. How's that for a blog topic? HA Ha.
I'm going to pack a sack dinner and go back to my classroom in a bit. It's a disaster. But it'll be easier to work now that I have my mind in gear. And it's been fun painting the bookshelf purple; I'll post pics when I get my classroom in order. Don't worry - I'll get it done. I'm just being slow this year.
Thank you for reading this incredibly boring blog post. I just had to sit down for a moment and I needed to do something. If you feel like it, you can pray for one of my teacher friends. She's already having a rough start and feels like quitting. But she's one of the best teachers I know, and they're lucky to have her, and I think she'll feel better once the kids get here. Just pray for her heart.
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment