Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flight 128

Do we really need any more reminders that
we are ...tiny, tiny creatures... in a great big universe
created by a GREAT, BIG GOD?









http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68495961.blog

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/today-in-travel/continental-flight-diverted-to-miami-passengers-injured.html?id=3445442

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-turbulence3-2009aug03,0,3578263.story

I have two points. (Or, as some of you might be thinking, no points, but I shall continue regardless...)

1. I always wear my seatbelt. In a car, or a plane, and any other moving thing that might be considered a "vehicle" if it so happens to have a belt that buckles around my hips. When we were little kids, my mom told us that the car wouldn't go if we weren't all buckled in. It wasn't a lie. She was the driver, and she literally wouldn't drive the car if we weren't buckled, and she checked on us to make sure. Every time. And if she ever heard that clicking sound like we were taking our seatbelts off --- oh my, well, you just learned quickly not to do that. The car would begin to slow down and there was FEAR. It's a good thing, Mom. I'm not complaining! :)
If I were to die in any kind of crash, I would want the obituary to read:
Poor Keri died in the crash, but it wasn't because she forgot to buckle up!

2. We really are that small, compared to God. And He's not as "hands-off" as some people think He is. Continental Flight 128 could have just as easily fallen into the water as landed safely in Miami. More than 30 people could have been injured, or even killed, by the turbulence. I'm sorry it happened, and while grateful that everyone is alive, I wish they had not had to go through all of that. BUT - let's all be reminded that nothing is guaranteed, He owes us nothing, and it could all be gone in an instant.

God is
. It's that simple. Never forget who He is when you want to complain about something... we must remain reverent in our praise, in our worship, and in our petition.

"Thank You, God, that no one was killed on Flight 128. I pray for each person who was on board, and for all of their families, that this experience serves to bring them closer to You - as a reminder of how precious life is, and that every person is overcome with the blessing of whatever You have given them, and that they begin to ponder what they can do with it today."

David Crowder Band - Everything Glorious lyrics

Artist: David Crowder Band lyrics
Album: Remedy
Year: 2007
Title: Everything Glorious


The day is brighter here with You

The night is lighter than its hue

Would lead me to believe

Which leads me to believe

You make everything glorious

You make everything glorious

Yeah, You make everything glorious

And I am Yours

What does that make me?

My eyes are small but they have seen

The beauty of enormous things

Which leads me to believe

There’s light enough to see

Oh, that

From glory to glory

You are glorious

You are glorious

From glory to glory

You are glorious

You are glorious

Which leads me to believe

Why I can believe

From glory to glory

You are glorious

[ Everything Glorious Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment