I guess I'll leave my previous depressing blogs up, although I seriously debated taking them down. But there's depressing stuff in the Bible, too, and it got canonized, so... I'll leave mine.
The enemy hates it when we pray. Hates it when we praise our Creator. Hates it when we show up for work and encourage those around us with the light of Jesus shining from our hearts and through our faces. Hates it when we actually DO something, instead of just pretending it on Sundays.
And if you DO, ---beware! he'll attack.
I've come to the realization that my prayer life has been under attack. I will not specify or go into details on a public blog, but also because the focus I want to maintain is on how to avoid getting down in the dumps. So, I'll pretend I'm a Baptist preacher and do an outline:
1. Keep praying. Confess sin, praise Him for who He is, and then KEEP PRAYING!!!!!!
2. Pray with others. Keep the personal stuff personal, but "where two or three are gathered in His name, He is there!" (Matthew 18:20)
3. Focus on your relationship with God, rather than the answers to your prayers. (God's not a vending machine) - this one is the toughest, but actually the most important. We live in a society of "what you want is what you get @ McDonald's today!" and God doesn't work that way. Remember Who He is when you're praying. It's okay to ask Him - He wants us to! But don't think because a prayer isn't answered the way you prayed that He wasn't there, didn't hear, or hates you. He loves you and He knows what's best for you.
PRAYER LIFE = REJUVENATED!
*I highly recommend Live A Praying Life by Jennifer Kennedy Dean for anyone interested in the topic of prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment